Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall has hit Elko!

I love the fall season! The air starts getting crisp, the sweaters come out of storage, everything is made of pumpkins and I get to snuggle my hubby more and more! It's such a happy time for me! Especially since we met in October (5 years ago) so it always brings up those happy memories :) Anyways, we have officially moved to Elko! It's exciting, liberating, weird and scary all at the same time! The hubs is loving his new job and it couldn't make me happier! 
We are looking at buying a house so we are currently living in a hotel room. Right? I was pretty nervous about it before we got here but it's actually bigger than the first apartment Mr. Tanner and I had! It's only been a few days but I am beginning to get used to hearing cars revving up outside our window at all hours of the day, and night. It's great to have a place to stay while we find a house though, so we're grateful.

I've been having grand dreams of designing my own stationary, writing a children's book, doing fine art photography, basically just stretching the 'ole creativity muscle. But I've been in school so long, doing projects where I had an assignment to fill, that I am having a hard time creating whatever I want. I'm waiting for someone to tell me what to draw, design, photograph, write etc. It's frustrating! Has anyone else encountered this after graduating from college?

This post is a little random, I'm still getting in Elko's groove so it should be interesting!I'll post soon with my explorations of my new city! And I'm sure it will be filled with Basque food, apparently there is a whole Basque culture here, who knew?!

Have a splendid day!

No comments:

Post a Comment