Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wandering Elko

I went exploring Elko today! I thought I'd share some photos of some of the places we've been so far.

Biltoki is a Basque restaurant that we ate at with some friends last week. Basque dining is interesting. It's 'family style' but each person picks their entree. So it begins with bread and butter, then they bring out a salad with what tastes like mayonnaise dressing :/ it's weird haha. Next they fill the table with bowls of spaghetti, beans, french fries, canned peas and carrots, and mashed potatoes. Maybe it was just this restaurant but it was all pretty tasteless and mushy... Then came the entree that we all ordered. Jared and I order lamb (I'd never had it and don't like the idea of eating a baby anything... but heck, I'll try it once). It was supposed to be well done and it was bloody mushy haha so Jared ate it. It was kind of the most hilarious meal I'd ever eaten! Fun times with friends though :)


This is our post office. Gorgeous building right?! I love walking in here, so I go at least every other day, even though we don't get that much mail haha It's just so pretty!


 I found this building today and am so glad I did! Apparently this is the #1 place to go in America for cowboy poetry and therefore, they get thousands of poets, writers, and artists through here sharing their work and having shows. I'm so excited! I was so nervous about moving here because I would miss the artsy feel of Cedar City. But luckily there is a lot of it here too! Yay! I talked to Deb there and she gave me a tour of the place. There are a lot of awesome products in their gift shop! It's a really neat place!


This is the theatre we go to most. There are two movie theatres here and this one is the older one but ironically it shows all the newer movies. It's a cute little theatre and we got to see a couple movies where we were the only ones there! <Yes, we saw Pitch Perfect. And yes, we were alone. And yes, we laughed so loud the people in the next theatre could probably hear us! Such a good movie.>


My walk was really fun, and I only covered 2 city blocks! It's going to take me awhile to get acquainted with the whole town but we'll be here for a while so I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to come visit! And go see your new house! you guys are so grown-up, i love it. love you!!

    ReplyDelete