Sunday, November 25, 2012

Family Fun at Thanksgiving



This year we went to my family's house for Thanksgiving. We have a family tradition that has gone on almost a hundred years that we have our Thanksgiving dinner out at the Valley of Fire.  Well, it's more of a lunch. It's potluck style, but everyone's got their certain dishes they bring every year. Our family's is turkey, dutch oven potatoes and sometimes an amazing yogurt fruit salad! It's so much fun to see all of our cousins and catch up on everyone's lives. The kids climb all over the red rocks , we all eat til we can't move, then make ourselves get up and hike to Mouse's Tank. There are petrogylphs all over the canyon walls and we slip and slide on the sandstone trail. This hike is best if you are accompanied with children. Everything is so new and fresh to them and they are fascinated by all of it. I am so thankful for my family and how loving, kind and caring they all are! It's so nice knowing all my cousins and aunts and uncles, especially being so close to so many of them! Here are some pictures from the day.


We are so awesome! 
 

My Aunt Nan and I, I love this lady so much! 
 

Little rock towers, I remember making them as a kid!
 
 

Some of the family at Mouse's Tank, oh I just love them all so much!


Hiking up over Mouse's Tank, yearly ritual!
 

Jumping for joy! Haha I'm so blurry!
 


Some of my dad's wood working, he's basically amazing!
 
The bees looooved the cranberry sauce! It was a little ridiculous!

I'd say it was a successful week! It was so nice being with family- it's always so hard to leave! I miss them all so much already. 

How was your Thanksgiving? What are your family traditions? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment